Please Click

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Project Component...


Is time to get start doing my final year project...
Since every week meeting with my supervisor...
i don't what to update him anymore...
I need to start buying components..
Design circuit...and get everything prepared..

Today i went to Fareast Noble..Parallax sales office...
I want to buy the RFID module since my project is RFID based Payment System..
I need two of them...
One is standalone, One is connected to PC..
Before that, i have check out the price at Parallax website..it's about $39.99 USD...
Convert to Ringgit is about RM 200++...


But today...
The moment of truth...
Gosh...that person told me is RM380..
Oh my goodness!!! So expensive...after plus all the shipment fees..
From my budget, i thought that i can buy two..
Now, i only can manage to get one...
So during my project demo, i just only can plug in and out like tat...
Sighzz......


The story haven't end yet...
I were told that using Bluetooth device to send data is much more faster and stable..
If compare to RF module..
cos RF module is used to send code...
RFID tag inside is the data...10 bytes of data...
RF module will be slow and the algorithm will be more complicated...
Should i change to Bluetooth?!
If want to use it..my project got two high-en device..
RFID and Bluetooth...But both of them cost alot..


Hardware project..always cost that much..
if doing software project just maybe RM 5 can settle...
but i don't have any idea on software..
What to do...go for hardware and software based project now..
More changes may be happen in future..never know..
I'm ready for it!!!

RFID reader


RFID Tag



1 comment: